Graphic Design, Website Design and Development, Email Campaign Design and Development, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing, Project Management, Art Direction, Pre-Press and Logo Creation for small to medium businesses, large corporations and ad agencies. Short list of clients include United Way, Travelers, Mission Control, Willimantic Brewing Company, Tunxis Foundation, Signature Brand Factory, Cronin & Co., Decker, and Licensing Liaison.
Samples of work primarily using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, WordPress, HTML, PHP and CSS:
- Increase online presence for Tunxis Foundation through social media outlets including video and in progress of website overhaul.
- Conceptualize and design medical publication advertisements for Alcon, Mededicus, Dendreon, etc.
- Working within budget, I have defined target audiences, strategic goals and have created design initiatives for the Jeffrey P. Ossen Family Foundation, Request A Chef and other small businesses.
- Designed, prepared and screened vendors for brochures, place mats, booklets and other collateral for Coventry STEPS program.
- Created, designed and optimized ads for Facebook campaigns as well as other online marketing campaigns (Mount Snow, Request A Chef, etc.).
- Adhering to strict branding standards, designed and coded (HTML) hundreds of email campaigns and templates optimized for cross-platform/browser compatibility for Travelers.
- Designed and developed over 40 websites for businesses locally and throughout the United States including the administration of their domain and hosting set up. Reviewed, tested across platforms and launched.
- Researched keywords and edited content, meta descriptions and title tags to assist in search engine optimization. Created site maps, reviewed backlink outreach and other search engine optimization tactics.
- Reviewed and assisted in developing social media marketing plans to increase fan base and likes to promote business. Write blog posts to increase search engine optimization and add valuable content.
Direct Response Inc. (April 1998-March 2001)
Print Project Manager/Art Director
Coordinated production of political direct mail from concept to mail drop. Art directed staff of six through the design and file prep of all pieces. Coordinated with writers and account executives to resolve complex design issues. Researched, screened and coordinated printing vendors with mail houses. Hired, trained and managed team members. Held accountable for all pieces from production to finished product. Additionally did graphic and web design for corporate clients during off-season.
- Art directed and managed staff to complete over 230 individual political direct mail pieces to over 1 million voters in 3 months during Presidential season.
- Reduced production costs by re-organizing project handling and staff hiring to be more efficient and effective.
- Worked with print vendors and coordinated with mail houses to receive, print and drop pieces in as little as 3 days to meet necessary time tables.
- Received Poly award for the design of the Lillahaug Direct Mail piece
- Created variety of corporate print pieces during off-season for Foxwoods, LIFE Magazine and Logan Airport
ValuMail, Inc. (1992-1994)
Graphic Arts Coordinator
Created and produced advertisements for ValuMail, Inc. Supervised and organized production throughout a department of six graphic artists. Managed computer system network. Assisted Print Production President with various printing vendors. Researched computer software and hardware pertaining to company functions.
East of the River Magazine (1990-1992)
Supervised staff of over 10 team members in creation of 30-50 page bimonthly magazine. Managed production traffic, office administration, Macintosh design, layout, color separations, paste-up, stat-camera, client liaison, and ad space sales.
University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 1989
Received Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design with Business background.
Ongoing Seminars & Training
Ongoing educational training through seminars, webinars and workshops mostly attended from 2012-current with a primary focus of SEO and social media.